Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Work in Progress... and it's done!


A few days ago I had the chance to see Shawn Bullen at work...

Very impressive.
And it made me think about street art.

Obviously the project was carefully thought and planned.

What I knew about murals in SF is that, in the Mission, at least, if you do not want your house tagged, having a piece of art helps. But I had assumed something more amateurish. Something like students painting their school, etc.

But of course, being an mural artist is a very serious business. You need the paints, the wall, the equipment, the time... Not to mention the design, the drawing on a small piece of paper of what you are going to enlarge tenfold. The skill, the craftsmanship, the talent...

Wow.
WOW.
Wow.

I spoke with the artist a few days later and got his card. (That's how I got his name). The piece was over but not yet official.

I can't say that I find this artwork pretty. I would certainly not put this on my wall. The details though are worth a visit.
And everything that came before and led to that amazing mural has all my admiration and respect.

in Noe Valley. San Francisco, Ca


No comments:

Post a Comment